Saturday, 26 March 2011

Did you ever have a dream ...

... that satisfy all of the following conditions:

That you recall with clarity?
That left you feeling unsettled days later?
That you immediately recognised as Episode #2 of a previous dream, even though the initial dream was months, or perhaps years, ago?

These were not classical "recurrent" dreams.

I have always considered dreams to be phenomena that occur as a consequence of what we have had on our minds - consciously or not - during what my uni lecturer alluded to as the "dream day" (the period between dreams). This has been borne out on so many occasions since I was first introduced to the concept, that I readily accepted this theory.

I also accept that some dreams may indeed be "visitations" from our loved ones (how's that for an awkward merge of psychology & spirituality?)

But in this instance, the very distinct Parts 1 & 2, the time between these episodes, & the content of these dreams has left me baffled.

I don't enjoy being baffled :(

2 comments:

  1. i've had dreams about my Dragon, my husband, but i never thought of them as visitations. i thought they were just wistful dreams since most were really replays of memories. i do have recurring dreams that are bad, terrible bad. varying scenarios but the crux is i will be punished. creepy stuff that had abated while i was married to Dragon. now that he's gone, not there for my sleeping self to sense, they have returned. it's not baffling for me, just another symptom of the loss of my love; the return of vulnerability. i wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wNs, I believe that if you experience a "visitation" you will immediately recognise it to be just that. I agree that wistful dreams are replays & that horrible dreams are manifestations of fearfulness/vulnerability, as you state. But by & large, I believe that everyday-type dreams are simply due to everyday thoughts & feelings. I wish you a "visitation" in your dreams. These are very comforting & you are due for some great comfort.

    ReplyDelete